Created by: Gunnar Steinn Magnússon
In this artcile, you are going to read about trigger conditions and email notifications in exMon.
What are query emails used for?
E-mails are used as notifications to interested parties every time the trigger condition in a query is met. When Trigger Condition is set to:
- If query returns rowsand query returns rows, we get an email with the resulting rows.
- E.g. if the query tests if there are customers in the system without an address, we would get an email with the query results.
- If query returns no rows and query returns no rows,we get an email with selected table columns but no rows below.
- E.g. when a data warehouse table is empty, we would get an email with column names but no rows.
There are two types of email notifications
- Email Task (Tasks tab) can be turned on manually and a user can add as many email tasks as wanted.
- Email tasks contain all the resulting rows in a query in every single email.
- Exception Managercan be enabled and email deliveries after that.
- Emails are automatically delivered to the Query Owner.
- A user can choose between getting only new exceptions (since the query was last run) and getting all open exceptions.
For further details, see Configuring email notifications.