Release notes for exMon Release 5.0
Created by: Kristinn Magnusson
exMon 5.0 has two major improvements and several smaller improvements and bug fixes.
With exMon 5.0, exceptions for each test are stored in separate tables. This change allows exMon to execute multiple tests simultaneously considerably faster as well as making working with exceptions faster.
In May, Expectus partnered with TimeXtender which develops Discovery Hub, a product which simplifies modelling a datawarehouse. With this release, we’ve created a new type of exMon package that simplifies executing Discovery Hub execution packages.
Package and Data Provider changes
Packages and data providers require users to configure each UAT separately. This behaviour is great when development and production environments are completely separated. However, in many or even most instances that is not the case and having to copy the configuration between UATs can be annoying for users as well as increases the possibility of input errors.
With exMon 5.0 we’ve added the option to both packages and data providers to use the same configuration for all environments.
- Added report template that shows exMon user association to exMon tasks
- Several places in exMon Data Governance have been changed to allow the developer to select exMon users rather than type in email addresses
- Removed Overview tab in Portal. The exception tab now directs to the page the Overview tab previously did
- exMon upgrader now shows other execution connections left to upgrade
- Under certain conditions executing from the last good state did not work correctly
- Test with the primary key selected will show a strange error message when the column is deleted from underlying data
- Losing connection to the exMon database while waiting for a package to finish on the remote server would
- Deleting process did not work in some exMon versions