Created by: Kristinn Magnusson
In this article, you will read about data provider groups in exMon. Some companies have the same or similar data sources in multiple locations. This can, for example, be a Point of Sales (POS) system with databases at each store. A common use case would be to compare product prices between a master database and each store.
With Data Provider Groups you can create a single test that monitors pricing errors at each store.
How to create a test using Data Provider Groups
- Create a new Data Provider Group by right-clicking Data Providers
- Click New Data Provider Group
- Select database type and add your stores to Selected Data Providers
- Create a new Compare Query (read more)
- Query your master database in the left query
- Select your Data Provider Group and query your store databases in the right query
- Map the key and value columns
- Add to Schedule
Now you can preview your test
Executing Queries with Data Provider Groups
There are two main differences between executing a query using a normal Data Provider and a query using Data Provider Groups:
- A Data Provider Group will not be marked as successful unless all its Data Providers succeed.
- A Query against a Data Provider Group will finish processing all successful data providers even if one or more fail (that is, processing exceptions and email)
Note: Data Provider Groups can contain other Data Provider Groups, which allows users to create Data Provider hierarchies.